Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hoy, hoy, mighty Troy! Go, fight, win!

So, I am never really a "tag" person.  But, after experiencing Joel's and Amelia's "yearbook pictures" and reading Mary's high school tag...I just couldn't resist.  High school was a very dorky time for me, which can make for a rather amusing post.  Plus, Adam is still uploading pictures from my birthday (it's technically his turn to post, so he'll do that next).  So, here we go!

HIGH SCHOOL TAG!


1. Did you date someone from high school? Ryan Q. for a week.  Five days of which were spent trying to break up (I asked one of my friends to do it, but she forgot, so I thought we had broken up and he had no idea....so another friend took care of it....you gotta love 14 year olds dating!). I also ended up dating Kory F. for a long time without even realizing it.  Chris L. and I dated my junior year, but I thought Adam Buhler and I were going to date, so I broke up with him.  And, no...Adam and I did not date...he started dating another girl right after Chris and I broke up.  Tragic. Then, Kevin M. and I dated my junior and senior year.  Good times were had by all.

(The summer o' love...)

2. What kind of car did you drive? Blue '94 Corsica.  And my junior year I drove our 12 seater van.  That wasn't awkward to park at all...

3. What was the most embarrassing moment of HS? My friend Secily and I were freshmen at the time, staying late after school to audition as dancers for our school's talent show.  We were practicing the dance and random turns in a hallway, using the glass window on the door as a mirror.  As I was attempting to do a double turn, I totally fell into the glass, realized that though the lights were off, there was an entire classroom full of adults....all starting at me.  Not cool.

4. Were you a party animal? Yeah...no, not all.

5. Were you considered a flirt? I think I considered myself a flirt, but I doubt anyone else saw me in that way.  Keep in mind I had the same idea of flirting as third graders.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Band for two years, choir for four.  Good ol' Mr. Ubicaritas.

7. Were you a nerd? I didn't think I was, but yes, yes I was.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? I was on the dance team.....if that counts.

(from our "Thriller" dance for Homecoming...it was pretty sweet.  I think I watched MJ's music video 100 times to choreograph it just right!)

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Once for fighting (jjjjjjust kidding!).

10. Can you still sing the fight song? "Give three cheers for Old Topeka High, one, two, three - rah! rah! rah! Show that foe that we cannot deny victory! Team! Team! Let every Trojan son know we're behind the gun, til the battle is won.  So if we all pitch in another victory we'll win for Topeka High!" I can do that dance to it too if you ever want to see it.  Just let me know...

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mrs. V. for teaching me the school fight song. Mr. H. for letting me get out of band and play office in his office.  Mr. E. for being so ridiculous and providing a many opportunities for us to mock him.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? Either by our lockers or in "the cave."  It was right by the side stairs and we had a perfect view of people falling down the stairs.  Beautiful.

13. School mascot? Trojan!

14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who? We didn't have a formal homecoming dance.  My freshman year I "went" to the casual homecoming dance with Ryan Q. and that began the five days of trying to break up.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? I enjoyed high school a lot, but I am glad to be done with it all.

16. What do you remember most about graduation? Meeting with my girls at Nico's house before....driving to the Expo and feeling like we were just watching a movie.  It was surreal.


17. Where did you go on your senior trip? The choir was supposed to go to D.C., but Mr. E. cancelled the trip due to terrorist activities (which didn't happen, btw).

18. Were you in any clubs? Technically, not really.  I was on Heritage Panel because I was LDS, but I had never been discriminated, so I didn't have any stories to share when we went to other schools.  But on Yearbook Club Photo Day, I was totally involved!  Spirit Club, Math Club (we had the coolest picture), treasurer of Frisbee Club, etc.

19. Have you gained some weight since then? Of course!

20. Who was your prom date? Kevin M. both years.  Our first after-prom picture looks like I'm pregnant (the year of the peasant shirts) and the next year we learned to spend the majority of the time at the blackjack tables, then spending our earnings at the prize table.  I got a hair dryer, computer speakers, and gift certificates for college. Not too shabby!

21. Good grades? Until I slept through AP Calculus, yes.

22. Did you ever ditch? Two times.  Two stories to go with them. 1. Sophomore year - After a band concert, we do nothing in band the next day.  Mr. H. gave us permission to leave and go to Anna's house for breakfast.  We left, ate breakfast, then drove back to school.  On our way back, we stopped at a four-way stop....and who was also stopped there?  Nicole's mom (Nicole was driving us in her car, by the way)!  Nicole tried to get away, but her mom followed us and caught us.  Her parents laughed about it and would say "busted!" any time she came into the room.  I told my parents who probably sat me down to explain the importance of honesty and attendance at school.  2. Senior year - Kevin was at KU, but came to Topeka to take me out to lunch one day (we had 25 minutes).  He called the front office, pretended to be my dad to excuse me from choir.  The office is used to my mom calling in, called my dad at work, told him someone had pretended to be him, and then called my mom.  The entire time, we were at Schlotzsky's having a grand old time.  When I got home, they let me know that they knew!  The best part?  Kevin apologizing to my dad that weekend and my dad reminding him that when he takes the bar, he would have to describe any times he had been dishonest and this would have to be on there (Funny thing - Kevin is now at Washburn, sees my dad all the time, and will be taking the bar later this year....).

23. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Now that I have stalking through Facebook, what's the point?

No comments: