Sunday, January 17, 2010

Information about Pazapa

Today the Board of Directors for Pazapa are meeting to discuss the next step, which includes whether or not the program will rebuild. When we return to Kansas, we plan on putting together some type of fundraiser to help them in whatever way we can. Please visit their website to learn more about their program. They have also started a blog to provide the most current information about the status of the school, staff, and students. So many Haitians have been affected by this horrific disaster. It can be hard to know how to help or who to help. However, a school that is making real change in Haiti is exactly what Jacmel needs (and especially what the students need at this time of turmoil!).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, I'd love to help you in any way I can with this fundraiser when you get back. Perhaps I can get my ward involved, or the school I work at? Let me know!

Me said...

Sent a Fb message about what Sherrie and I talked about. Definitely want to help :)

Mary P.

blogginator said...

God Bless you for what you are doing.

Unknown said...

The PAZAPA USA board had its conference call tonight (1/17). I can assure whoever is reading this that PAZAPA will rebuild!
We will sustain Marika, the staff, and the students.
We look to restart the school.
If necessary, we will rebuild.
We will do what it takes.
We are committed, but we need your help.
Charles P. Scholes
Co-President PAZAPA USA
www.pazapa.org