Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What is wrong with the world today?

A little shout out to Nicole for kindly reminded Karen who then bugged me to write in "The Blog" soon because everyone is tired of looking at the vacation pictures.  So here goes.

School started for me on the 14th.  So not cool that JCCC starts a full week ahead of KU.  I didn't realize how much I really enjoyed this summer and its freedom until my first day back in school.  We went over the syllabus and all of the huge projects that will constitute the majority of my semester grade.  After my first day of school Karen and I went to Nicole and Kevin's house in KC and had an amazing dinner and a rousing game of Pictionary.  Karen and I rocked the first round with accusations of off-season practices held with the dry-erase board.  The second "speed round" was lost in a nail-biting battle to the end to Brooke and Tyler.

Our recent media doses have been continued episodes of Lost thanks to abc.com, the Beijing Olympics, and a sensationally funny group we found on YouTube called "Flight of the Conchords"  Check out one of our favorite videos from them.  Get ready for some of the deepest evaluations of the world's issues packed into 6 minutes and 45 seconds.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Reagan said...

that video is hilarious i am going to look them up on youtube

Reagan said...

Hey I was wondering if you guys did the header for your blog? I want to mess around with my blog and I like your header as well as the width of your blog.

Amelia said...

WE LOVE FLIGHT OF THE CONCORDS!!! If you haven't seen it yet, they have a whole season you can rent through Netflix ... totally hilarious. They have a band manager named Murray, and one fan - it's the greatest! You guys are the coolest part about having a family. I love you!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love "Flight of the Conchords." They're hilarious. I hope they come back for a second season on HBO--and soon. There hasn't been a whole lot worth watching on TV lately! -Julia