Thursday, September 2, 2010

Picture Explosion!

So, it continues to be way too long in between posts. Though Adam is a photographer, we haven't actually taken too many pictures of Everett. And it's not due to lack of cuteness...we just have no desire to run and grab a camera when he is cooing and smiling...we just want to interact with him! It is breathtaking how adorable he is and what joy a simple smile can bring. We will include a lot of pictures so you can see for yourself.

Updates:

Adam - He started classes in mid-August and is on campus on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He is really excited to be taking a class about Haiti (called Portrait of a Third World Country: Haiti). I am excited to read his homework along with him since it doesn't feel like homework to either of us - it's an excuse to read about the history of a country we love and feel deeply connected to! Adam was also pleasantly surprised to find that he actually enjoys his business law class. After a rough semester last spring, he is excited to be in classes he either enjoys or has the intense desire to do well in and be done with them. We learned from last year and are trying to manage our time better and be more realistic with the number of things we take on. Let's hope it works!

Karen - I've been teaching preschool for the last three weeks. Holy sassy four-year olds! I love teaching the younger kids because I wouldn't have to deal with behavior issues (or so I thought...). So far, I am being tested and challenged every day by sassy little girls who act like teenagers. It is a bit ridiculous. There are so many things that happen where I just want to stop and say, "Really?! Really?!" I come home each day with lovely tales of my adventures and wish I could just be cuddling with my baby and watch him discover the world (okay...right now he's just discovering his hands and how they fit in his mouth. But I'll take that over divas any day!). Luckily, I love my school, district, fellow teachers, and support staff. It makes all the difference

Everett - He is now 24" and 14 lbs! This little guy just grows and grows, despite his mommy having two bouts with mastitis in two months. He is smiling, cooing, laughing, rolling, pivoting, and still rocking the tummy time. We had his first rounds of immunizations yesterday and our typically laid-back baby spent 12 hours in Daddy's arms, whimpering and wailing. He couldn't be laid down without bursting into tears, so he spent last night sleeping on top of Mommy. Luckily, he seems to be doing a lot better today. He is sleeping 6-9 hours in a row at night, which means that if we aren't well-rested, it's our own fault for staying up too late! He enjoys diaper changes, especially when I sing silly songs to him - he'll just stare at my eyes and stare grinning away. It is the best thing ever.


One of his first captured smiles...spending time with Nana!

He's outgrown most of his 0-3 month clothes, but 3-6 is still a little too big! These overalls make him look pretty little (though he is our super chunk!).

He loves sitting in the Bumbo and playing with toys or just looking around...there's lots to see!

All dressed up for church! This was the morning of his baby blessing (which was an amazing experience and so beautiful...it was so nice to have family and friends there with us on such a special day!)...notice his sneaker socks! He's a pretty snazzy dresser, what can I say!

Adorable.

5 comments:

Me said...

Okay--I could have told you about the sassy 4 year olds. I avoided the little guys cause, um, they're small enough that when they run...it's even harder to catch them cause they're so small and short!!!

Glad things seem to be going well!!!

Mary P.

Unknown said...

Oh amen to the sassy 4 year olds :) You gotta love it....or not. But you're right, you come home with the greatest stories!

How is it possible that Everett has grown in the 2 weeks since I saw him? Next thing I know you're going to be posting pictures of him going on his mission! Oh, and I do believe I recognize those overalls, perhaps? ;)

flor said...

He's a very special little boy!. Can't wait to hold him. give him a big kiss for me.

from mel said...

Yah!!!! New pictures! He is so, so handsome! What fun! Thanks for putting new ones up. It was great talking to you the other day. :)

Anonymous said...

What a handsome and healthy boy! I can tell that you and Adam are great parents.