Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oh, to Be in Love!

We haven't really had a chance to update our blog since the summer...ever since we got home from Europe, it's just been nonstop busy! I am student teaching 2nd grade every day and taking grad classes in the evening and Adam is at KU and crazy busy as a photographer for the University Daily Kansan (side note: let him know if you ever want to be in the paper - he's already had quite a few friends featured prominently in photo illustrations!). We go to bed way too late and have to wake up way too early and cram our weekends full with everything we didn't get done during the week. I'm looking forward to October 17th when I go back to just being a student and having 40 more hours to myself.

This week has been quite the busy one. We've made five trips to Topeka (and will be making one tomorrow for Debbie's birthday and Hermana Christensen's setting apart) and two trips to Kansas City. We enjoyed seeing Sabra and her husband at their reception on Thursday night - too bad they don't live closer to us! Still, we already have plans in the works for Christmas break. Then, on Friday, Adam was able to be the photographer for one of my closest friend's wedding. The pictures are amazing, but just don't do justice to how beautiful, happy, and in love Kevin and Nicole are! I can't wait for Adam to post pictures of the reception - it was AWESOME. It was in a renovated barn in Kansas City and they covered the place with 1,000 paper cranes they had made. Tradition says if a bride folds 1,000 paper cranes before her wedding, she will have good luck. They also explained that the same qualities to complete this task are needed in marriage - hard work and patience. I thought it was so cool and perfect for them. We had an awesome time at the reception - I danced with my girls all night while Adam took pictures (it was nice that we could both do what we love!). The dance floor pretty much only consisted of Nicole, Holly, Anna, Lacey, and I, but we were oblivious to the rest of the people staring at us while we shouted and danced to Bow Wow, Kelly Clarkson, Britney, the Beatles, Bon Jovi, etc. We always have an awesome time. I love those girls! Anyway. I've included a picture from the wedding that Adam took. They look amazing! We framed this picture as their gift...and I can't wait for them to get all their pictures back! We'll make sure to post a link to Adam's website once he posts some of the photographs.


1 comment:

Al said...

fun update and great title :) Glad you guys are seeing so much success, how fun eh'!!