Friday, May 29, 2009

Oh, and another thing...

I remembered I wanted to mention this right after I published the last post.

A few weeks ago I was looking at job postings on the LJWorld website.  I noticed my computer was running a little slow but didn't think much of it.  On my Mac, I have a feature called Expose, which reveals all of my open windows on that screen.  It's really convenient for multitasking and switching back and forth between multiple windows in an application.  So I hit the Expose key and had to do a screen grab of what I saw:


Can you say pop ups?  29 to be exact.  I forgot to turn off the pop ups and look what happens!  Every time I clicked anything on the LJWorld website, a new window was created.  Looks like Netflix really wants our business.  So, just a word of warning, make sure you have pop ups blocked if you visit the Lawrence Journal-World website.

No comments: