Saturday, March 14, 2009

We still have a blog?!

Yeah...sorry about that.  We like to switch off weeks, but the past weeks (months) have been pretty busy and that just hasn't happened.  Now, I am supposed to be working on four major projects, Adam is working a photo shoot all day, there are piles of laundry to put away and dishes to wash, and I have discovered the perfect way to procrastinate.  BLOG!

So, back in January, my sister-in-law went into KC for a doctor's visit (she was about six weeks away from the baby's due dat), so I was watching the niecews.  Well, they left that appointment and went straight to the hospital....five hours later, we had a new nephew!  He was a tiny one, but boy, was he healthy!  Luckily Momma Jenn is doing much better now too.  So, that night, Grandma Carol, Uncle Adam, and I took Lilli and Bubs to see their new brother, Baby Buzz (his nickname courtesy of Julian...his real name is Emerson....so cute!).


He got to come home three days later so we brought over some welcoming outfits (though they were huge for his 4 lb. body!).  Adam took some newborn pictures of him and we've been able to watch him a few times - he's a keeper!


In February, we made the trek over to Topeka High to see Miss Rachel in "Beauty and the Beast."  The show was awesome, but Rachel was by far my favorite (no bias at all, of course).  She played the feather duster, Babette, and was hilarious.  

One Sunday in there, Adam's mom got real adventurous with dinner plans and invited us over to help make some authentic Chinese food.  We're talking sweet and sour pork and real eggrolls!  I have found my new calling in life.  And I outate Adam when it came to eggrolls (well, I tied, but that was way more than what he expected me to do!  I'm usually a lightweight).

This brings us to March!  My sister Deborah had introduced me to the artist Brett Dennen over Christmas Break and I had been hooked from the start (he's awesome...you will all love him).  Well, we found out he was playing at the Bottleneck for super cheap, so Debbie came up from Manhatten and my former roommate Brooke came with us too.  It. Was. Awesome.  This was my first concert post-mission, so I had forgotten that if they say it starts at 8, they really mean they will set up at 8:30, the opening band will play at 9:15, then they will do more set up and the real show won't start until it's past your bedtime.  Other than that, it was AWESOME!

This was my first time not to have X's planted on my hands, so I was pretty stoked.  We rubbed it in Debbie's face for a bit.

Did I mention I had a graduate class in Kansas City the same evening?  Oops.  It works out nicely when you discover the day before that the girls you carpool with had also gotten tickets for the same concert.  We just left early!

Here he is in all his awesomeness.  He bears a slight resemblance to Ron Weasley, but has dance moves like Beyonce.  It's awesome (the adjective of choice for this post).

Following this amazing concert, I gave Adam his CD's and assigned him to learn all of them and love Brett as much as I do.  He's getting there!

Two weeks ago, Adam got a major cold (the word cold doesn't even do it justice).  He was out of commission for over a week, but I was pretty stoked I hadn't caught it.  After all, my immune system is superior.  Well, pride brought me down.  And that cold.  I stayed home from church last Sunday and work and school on Monday and Tuesday.  I still feel pretty gross, but at least my head isn't swimming if I sit up.  In the midst of my sickness, I still managed to complete my brand new music video for the ward talent show (I'll post it on here once it has premiered...it's pretty awesome).  I also got a strange desire to exercise more.  So, for the first time since before my mission (almost four years now...), I went over to the Student Rec Center and worked out.  Four times in the past week!  Impressive for me.  There are some dance aerobics classes that I signed up for and we got Adam a spouse pass he can use until he is a student at KU.  We even "played" racquetball for our date last night!  I say "played" because after two minutes on the court, the score was 10-1, I got hit in the nose by a ball and started crying, and Adam decided it might be better just to work on hitting the ball than actually playing yet.  I love my husband.

Another reason why I love him - his photography skills (and bow hunting skills....).  For a scholarship I received, I had to send in a headshot and a bio.  Well, I didn't have any headshots that I really liked, so Adam came to the rescue.  I think we got the winning shot in two minutes, but Adam wouldn't put the camera down for another half hour, so we got lots of interesting pictures.  






3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeay for shutterbug husbands. :)

Unknown said...

You're back, hooray! I think your photos are great, especially the last one because you just look so naturally happy.

Amelia said...

So, yeah. Sorry we forgot to tell you that Adam gets every little flue/cold/bronchitis/strep etc. bug that goes around and it knocks him OUT! Small drop in a big bucket, right?

Also - we had the EXACT same experience playing raquetball for the first time too!! I got pelted in the head/nose/eye like 5 times in the first 3 minutes of play.